As a flooring option, terrazzo has been around for many years. Floors you walk on in hospitals, public buildings and train station concourses may well be made of terrazzo! But what is the price of terrazzo?
There are a wide variety of options and consequently a wide variety of prices. Here we look at what you need to think about if you decide that terrazzo is the flooring for a commercial or residential project.
A company in the business of selling terrazzo may give a price for tiles but might not mention at first the different options.
What’s the pricing structure?
- Size of floor
- Tiles or poured floor
- Size of tiles
- Material – resin or cement
- Variations – finishes such as honed or polished
- Installation costs
As a rough guide, supply only tiles from our Standard range start at £85 per square meter plus VAT and delivery if required.
Why do different tile designs have different prices?
Diespeker stocks a wide range of terrazzo tiles, some of which are rarer than others and some you won’t find anywhere else as they are exclusive to us. We have three price breaks for readymade terrazzo plus our bespoke which is always POA.
What elements make a floor more expensive?
- You choose from the ‘luxury’ range
- Your floor is less than 10 sqm
- You want a thinner profile tile (the tiles will need to be milled)
- You want a bespoke rather than a standard design
- You decide you want Diespeker to install the floor
- Your project is outside of London / the UK
- You want to take advantage of our anti-slip service
How can I keep the cost lower?
- Select a design from our Standard collection
- Choose standard tile sizes and thickness
- Choose supply only (you will need your own installer or to install it yourself)
- Opt for a honed finish (this is our standard finish)
Before you get in touch
Ideally we will give you an exact quote so you can decide if this is within your budget. So when you first get in touch it will help us if you can tell us:
- The exact size of the floorspace
- Which of our materials do you prefer?
- What size of tile do you want (our standard sizes are 600x600mm or 400x400mm or 300x300mm)?
- What thickness of tile? Standard is 20mm but we can also provide 12mm
- What service do you require – if you want us to install, where is the site?
- What substrate (surface) are the tiles to be laid on?
- What finish do you require?
Our sales team will be more than happy to talk through all the options so they can provide you with samples and a precise quote.
Poured floors offer seamless flooring. Often popular with commercial projects, they are also feasible for homes too.
We always install poured floors so this service including a site visit will be included in your quote. But we will still need to know the following when pricing up a quote:
- Site address
- Floorspace (10 sqm or more equates to a lower sqm price)
- Is it one room or more than one? (even if over 10 sqm if it is more than one room the price will increase)
- Floorplan if available
- What is the substrate?
As a guide, for 10 sqm or more a ‘small chipping’ poured floor within the London area starts from £400 psm and a ‘large chunk/Palladiana’ poured floor from between £500 and £600 sqm, plus VAT.
Can you explain some of the other elements that affect the price?
Terrazzo is available as either a resin or cement material. These are the basic differences:
Resin terrazzo is created with a mix of marble chippings or other aggregate and water-based polyurethane resin. It is generally only for interior use. It’s much lighter than cement so this will impact on the substrate requirement.
Cement terrazzo is the traditional style of terrazzo made by adding marble chippings or other aggregate to a cement matrix binder. It is suitable for use outside or indoors. Cement terrazzo is said to have a deeper, more natural quality.
Resin terrazzo is more expensive than cement terrazzo but this is balanced by the fact that it is more resistant to cracks, scratches and stains
On our terrazzo pages each design is labelled as being available in cement or resin. If there’s one you like but want it in a different base, we can match it by creating it as a bespoke product.
These are the collections available from Diespeker, with Standard being the least expensive:
- Standard Plus
Bespoke terrazzo is unique – it is made to order in our factory by skilled artisan team and created to match a client’s preferences for mix, colours and chippings. Every bespoke terrazzo is quoted per project – this is because each one is different! One design might have basic marble chippings whilst another has semi-precious stones, all of these choices will affect the overall cost of the project.
You will see from this guide that it’s difficult to give an exact price as every project is different. This is why we are more than happy to talk through your preferences so we can provide you with a quote, or several quotes giving you a variety of options.
Contact us by email or phone or visit our showroom where you can see many of our available terrazzo designs for yourself. If you can’t visit we can send samples to you to help you decide.
Click here to find out what we need to know before you order!
Ready to order? Here’s how to contact us
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020 7358 0160
- Address: 132-136 Ormside Street, London, SE15 1TF