Selecting a poured or tiled terrazzo floor involves a lot of different variables. Take a look at the sales process we work from below to give you an idea of what we need to specify and quote for your flooring project.
Contact us by email or phone or visit our showroom where you can see many of our available terrazzo designs for yourself. If you can’t visit we can send samples to you to help you decide or you can simply choose your favourite design from the website.
What we need to know (tiles)
What service do you want?
- Supply only
- Supply and delivery
- Supply and install (fix)
What is the site address?
- Delivery is free in the London area
- Delivery elsewhere is chargeable
How many tiles do you need?
- If you don’t know, we will need measurements of the floor to be tiled
What thickness do you need?
- Our standard thickness is 20mm or 30mm
- Some terrazzo is available at 12mm from stock for an extra cost
- All terrazzo can be milled to the thickness of your choice for an extra cost
- NB samples are 10 – 15mm
What finish would you like?
- Tiles come honed as standard
- We can supply a polished tiles
- NB for slip resistance honed is the better option
- We can apply an anti-slip product or provide you with the product to apply yourself
What we need to know (poured floors)
Poured floors are always installed by Diespeker. We will run through the project with you prior to quoting but it helps us to have the following information in order to quote:
- Site address (for delivery quotations)
- Square meterage of floor
- Details including how many rooms
- If possible a floor plan with measurement
There is a cost impact for different designs so have a think about the style of terrazzo design or browse our website to see which you like:
- Smaller chipping terrazzo designs are more economical
- Large chipping / Palladiana designs are on the more expensive scale
Once we have all the information we need such as your preferred terrazzo, measurements, location etc we will provide you with a quotation.
When you’re ready to order, we agree production, delivery and if required, installation timescales with you.
We will make a site visit to check the substrate and discuss details such as the introduction of expansion joints if required.
- 50% deposit on order confirmation
- 50% on delivery/installation
Timescale – tiles
- Lead times on terrazzo differ greatly depending on your choice
- If your terrazzo is in stock, the lead time is usually 1 – 2 weeks
- We keep good stocks of our standard range
- If we need to order the terrazzo in:
- Standard 3 – 4 weeks
- Standard Plus 3 – 4 weeks but can take 8 weeks
- Luxury – (we keep some in stock) lead times can be longer
- We will confirm lead times once you have chosen your terrazzo
Timescale – poured
- Lead time depends on the type of materials used – if they are in stock, 2 to 4 weeks are needed to plan
- Installation time will depend on the size of the floor